Monday, January 17, 2011

Making the Grade

Making the Grade was a movie released in 1984, I am not sure how I originally stumbled upon it but I loved it. The story involves a spoiled rich kid paying a street kid to attend prep school for him while he vacations in Europe, the street kid of course has problems fitting in and problems that follow him to the school. There are great depictions of prep school life, as well as golf and lacrosse which as a player I found very entertaining. At one point of the movie a character takes the street kid shopping to show him what is preppy and what isn't preppy. "Preppy come lately" = Ralph Lauren, "Preppy forever"= Lacoste.

Watching the film, there are many examples of great preppy style and even for people that don't have an interest in preppy style, it is still a fairly entertaining B grade 80's movie.
Either way, in my opinion it's worth the effort to track down a copy and check it out.

2 comments: